The Coordinating Center for Clinical Trials (CCCT) was established in 2006 and resides within the NCI's Office of the Director. Its overarching goal is to strengthen NCI's clinical trials and translational research enterprises – cooperative endeavors that draw upon the strongest components of its clinical research system, the Institute's scientific infrastructure and constant engagement of critical stakeholders.
CCCT guided the implementation of recommendations made by the National Cancer Advisory Board's (NCAB)'s Clinical Trials Working Group (CTWG) and Translational Research Working Group (TRWG). It currently facilitates dialogue among NCI and the extramural clinical trials and translational research communities through the Clinical Trials and Translational Research Advisory Committee (CTAC) , Scientific Steering Committees and other related initiatives. This is achieved through continuing dialogue with NCI leadership and scientific staff, clinicians, researchers, advocates, policymakers, industry and foundations, in order to enhance the effectiveness of our nation's cancer clinical research enterprise.
CCCT is central to NCI's efforts to accelerate the delivery of new tools into the clinic through its translational science and clinical trial enterprises. In conjunction with all NCI divisions, offices, and centers, CCCT facilitates collaborations that expedite translational and clinical cancer research by:
- Facilitating the review and prioritization of the NCI's most important clinical trials by Scientific Steering Committees;
- Establishing the Clinical Trials Reporting Program (CTRP), a comprehensive database with up-to-date information on all NCI-funded clinical trials;
- Managing the Clinical and Translational Research Operations Committee (CTROC) and CTAC, which advise NCI leadership on clinical and translational science and clinical trials; and
- Facilitating an ongoing dialogue between the Institute's various divisions, offices, and centers, represented by CTROC, and the extramural clinical and translational research communities, represented by CTAC.
Clinical Trials Working Group (CTWG)
- Report of the Clinical Trials Working Group of the National Cancer Advisory Board, Restructuring the National Cancer Clinical Trials Enterprise, June 2005
CTWG Evaluation Working Group
The following reports describe strategies to implement CTWG recommendations:
Guidelines Harmonization Working Group (GHWG)
- Guidelines Harmonization Working Group Report, July 2009
- Progress Report on NCI Implementation of the Guidelines Harmonization Working Group Report, December 2010
Translational Research Working Group (TRWG)
- Report of the Translational Research Working Group of the National Cancer Advisory Board, Transforming Translation, Harnessing Discovery for Patient and Public Benefit, June 2007
The following reports describe strategies to implement TRWG recommendations:
Immune Response Modifier Pathway Prioritization Working Group (IRMP WG)
Process to Accelerate Translational Science (PATS) Working Group