Brentuximab Vedotin(bren-TUK-sih-mab veh-DOH-tin)
This page contains brief information about brentuximab vedotin and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
|US Brand Name(s):||Adcetris|
Brentuximab vedotin is approved to treat:
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma that is systemic (affects the whole body). It is used in patients who have not gotten better with combination chemotherapy.
- Hodgkin lymphoma in patients who have not gotten better with an autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT). It is also used in patients who have not gotten better with combination chemotherapy and cannot receive an ASCT.
Brentuximab vedotin is also being studied in the treatment of other types of lymphoma.More About Brentuximab Vedotin
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Brentuximab Vedotin - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.Research Results
Clinical Trial Results: Novel Drug Effectively Shrinks Tumors in Hodgkin Lymphoma - Important clinical trial results for this drug, background information, and how the trial was done.
Clinical Trial Results: Trial Suggests New Treatment Option for Hodgkin Lymphoma - Important clinical trial results for this drug, background information, and how the trial was done.
FDA Approves New Drugs to Treat Skin, Blood, and Lung Cancers - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.
Advisory Panel Recommends Accelerated Approval for Brentuximab - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Brentuximab Vedotin - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.
Important: The drug information on this page is meant to be educational. It is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.