For More Information
National Cancer Institute Services
NCI has comprehensive research-based information on cancer prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, genetics, and supportive care. We also have a clinical trials database and can offer tailored searches.
Phone: 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237)
Order publications at www.cancer.gov/publications or by calling 1-800-4-CANCER.
Get help with quitting smoking at 1-877-44U-QUIT (1-877-448-7848).
Free resources to ask for include:
- NCI Fact Sheet: Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) Test
- What You Need To Know About Prostate Cancer
- Treatment Choices for Men With Early-Stage Prostate Cancer
We invite you to call or go online to talk with our trained information specialists, who speak English or Spanish, to:
- Get answers to any cancer-related questions you may have
- Get free NCI publications
- Learn more about specific resources and organizations in your area
- Find information on the NCI Web site, www.cancer.gov
Other Federal Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636)
Web site: www.cdc.gov/cancer/prostate
Free booklets that are available include:
- Prostate Cancer Screening: A Decision Guide
- Prostate Cancer Screening: A Decision Guide for African Americans
- La Detección del Cáncer de Próstata: Una Guía para Hispanos en los Estados Unidos
For information about Medicare benefits, contact:
Phone: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227)
Web site: www.cms.hhs.gov
The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)
NIDDK conducts and supports basic and clinical research on many of the most serious diseases affecting public health.
National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse is a service of NIDDK. They have free booklets on prostate problems, conditions, and research.
Web site: www.niddk.nih.gov