Leukemia Steering Committee
The NCI Leukemia Steering Committee (LKSC) was established in 2009. Members of the LKSC include Cooperative Group leukemia committee chairs, representatives from the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMT CTN), Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS), Myeloproliferative Disorders (MPD) and Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) consortia, and investigators from Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE), Cancer Centers and R01/P01 grants along with community oncologists, biostatisticians, patient advocates and NCI staff.
The LKSC follows an efficient, cost-effective, science-driven, and transparent process to identify and promote the "Best Science" in clinical research on leukemia and related diseases by addressing the design and prioritization of phase III trials and large phase II studies.
Roster of Leukemia Steering Committee members
Wendy Stock, M.D. and Jerry Radich, M.D., Co-chairs
Clinical Trials Planning Meetings (CTPMs)
The Goal of CTPMs is to:
- identify strategic directions for clinical trials in a specific field
- reach consensus on the most important clinical trials to conduct;
- identify portfolio gaps and emerging scientific opportunities;
- identify innovative trial design opportunities;
- facilitate innovation and collaboration among the broad oncology community active in the specific cancer under study
- CALGB-11002: A Randomized Phase II Trial of Decitabine-based Induction Strategies for Patients ≥ 60 Years Old with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (NCT01420926)
- SWOG-1117: A Randomized Phase II Study of Azacitidine in Combination With Lenalidomide (NSC-703813) vs. Azacitidine Alone vs. Azacititdine in Combination With Vorinostat (NSC-701852) for Higher-Risk Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) and Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia (CMML) (NCT01522976)
- SWOG-1203: A Randomized Phase III Study of Standard Cytarabine Plus Daunomycin (7+3) Therapy Versus Idarubicin with High Dose Cytarabine (IA) with or Without Vorinostat in Younger Patients with Previously Untreated Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) (NCT01802333)
- ALLIANCE-A041202: A Randomized Phase III Study of Chlorambucil Plus Rituximab Versus Ibrutinib Plus Rituximab Versus Ibrutinib Alone in Untreated Older Patients (>65 years of age) with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) (NCT01886872)
- ECOG-ACRIN-E1910: A Phase III Randomized Trial of Blinatumomab for Newly Diagnosed BCR-ABL Negative B Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia in Adults (NCT02003222)
- ECOG-ACRIN-E1912: A Randomized Phase II/III Study of (PCI-32765) Based-Therapy Versus Standard Fludarabine, Cyclophosphamide, and Rituximab (FCR) Chemoimmunotherapy in Untreated Younger Patients with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) (NCT02048813)
To search all active clinical trials, go to: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search
CCCT Contact: Lawrence Baizer, Ph.D.