Myeloma Steering Committee
The NCI Myeloma Steering Committee (MYSC) was established in 2009. Members of the MYSC include Cooperative Group myeloma committee chairs, representatives from the Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network (BMTCTN), and investigators from Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE), Cancer Centers and R01/P01 grants along with community oncologists, biostatisticians, patient advocates and NCI staff.
The MYSC follows an efficient, cost-effective, science-driven, and transparent process to identify and promote the "Best Science" in clinical research on myeloma and related diseases by addressing the design and prioritization of phase III trials and large phase II studies.
Roster of Myeloma Steering Committee (MYSC) members
Morie Gertz, MD, and Nikhil Munshi, MD, Co-chairs
Clinical Trials Planning Meetings (CTPMs)
The Goal of CTPMs is to:
- identify strategic directions for clinical trials in a specific field
- reach consensus on the most important clinical trials to conduct;
- identify portfolio gaps and emerging scientific opportunities;
- identify innovative trial design opportunities;
- facilitate innovation and collaboration among the broad oncology community active in the specific cancer under study
CCCT Contact: Lawrence Baizer, Ph.D.