Pediatric and Adolescent Solid Tumor Steering Committee
The Pediatric and Adolescent Solid Tumor Steering Committee (PASTSC) was established in 2011. PASTSC members include representatives from the Children's Oncology Group, pediatric and medical oncologists and other specialists, translational scientists, biostatisticians, patient advocates, and NCI staff.
The PASTSC works to promote the best clinical and translational science in the study of the extracranial solid tumors of children and youth by critically reviewing submitted phase II and phase III concepts for their rationale, design and priority. Concepts in brain and other central nervous system tumors are reviewed by the Brain Malignancies Steering Committee.
Roster of Pediatric and Adolescent Solid Tumor Steering Committee (PASTSC) members
Mark Bernstein, M.D., - Chair; Katherine Matthay, M.D. - Vice-Chair
Clinical Trials Planning Meetings (CTPMs)
The Goal of CTPMs is to:
- identify strategic directions for clinical trials in a specific field
- reach consensus on the most important clinical trials to conduct;
- identify portfolio gaps and emerging scientific opportunities;
- identify innovative trial design opportunities;
- facilitate innovation and collaboration among the broad oncology community active in the specific cancer under study
- COG-ANBL1221: Phase II Randomized Trial of Irinotecan Hydrochloride and Temozolomide With Temsirolimus or Monoclonal Antibody Ch14.18 in Treating Younger Patients With Refractory or Relapsed Neuroblastoma (NCT01767194)
- COG-ANBL12P1: Pilot Study Using Myeloablative Busulfan/Melphalan (BuMel) Consolidation Following Induction Chemotherapy for Patients with Newly Diagnosed High-risk Neuroblastoma (NCT01798004)
To search all active clinical trials, go to: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search
PASTSC Relevant Publications
CCCT Contact: Wolf Lindwasser, Ph.D.