Symptom Management and Health-Related Quality of Life Steering Committee
The Symptom Management and Health-Related Quality of Life (SxQOL) Steering Committee (SC) was established in April 2006. The core committee membership includes representatives from the NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) Research Bases, R01 investigators, community oncologists, biostatisticians, patient advocates, and NCI Staff.
The Role of the Committee is to:
- review and prioritize management intervention clinical trial concepts to be conducted through the NCORP mechanism, and
- convene Clinical Trial Planning Meetings (CTPM) to identify critical questions and prioritize key strategies related to side effects of cancer, cancer treatment, and patients quality of life.
Roster of Symptom Management and Health-Related Quality of Life (SxQOL) Steering Committee (SC) members
Michael J. Fisch, M.D., M.P.H., and Karen Mustian, Ph.D., M.P.H. Co-chairs
Clinical Trials Planning Meetings (CTPMs)
The Goal of CTPMs is to:
- identify strategic directions for clinical trials in a specific field
- reach consensus on the most important clinical trials to conduct;
- identify portfolio gaps and emerging scientific opportunities;
- identify innovative trial design opportunities;
- facilitate innovation and collaboration among the broad oncology community active in the specific cancer under study
- NCCTG-N08C3: Phase III Double-Blind, Placebo Controlled Study of Gabapentin for the Treatment of Delayed CINV (Chemotherapy Induced Nausea and Vomiting) in Patients Receiving Highly or Moderately Emetogenic Chemotherapy (NCT00880191)
- NCCTG-N08C7: Phase III, Randomized, Placebo-controlled, Double-Blind Trial of Flaxseed for the Treatment of Hot Flashes (NCT00956813)
- WFU-08-08-08: Yoga during Breast Cancer Treatment: Establishing Community-Based Partnerships (NCT00994279)
- HLMCC-0806: Phase II Placebo-controlled Trial of Lisinopril and Coreg CR to Reduce Cardiotoxicity in Patients with Breast Cancer Receiving (neo)Adjuvant Chemotherapy with Trastuzumab (Herceptin) (NCT01009918)
- NCCTG-N08CB: A Phase III Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Study of Intravenous Calcium/Magnesium in Two Different Versions to Prevent Oxaliplatin-Induced Sensory Neurotoxicity (NCT01099449)
- WFU-08-03-06: Phase II Randomized Placebo Controlled Study of Armodafinil on Fatigue in Brain Tumor Patients Receiving Brain Radiation Therapy (NCT01032200)
- WFU-08-08-09: A Randomized Phase II Dose Finding Study of ArginMax with or without Phosphodiesterase-5 Inhibitors for Its Effect on Erectile Function and Quality of Life in Survivors of Prostate Cancer Previously Treated with Radiotherapy (NCT01105130)
To search all active clinical trials, go to: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search
CCCT Contact: Susan Rossi, Ph.D., M.P.H.