This page contains brief information about trametinib and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
|US Brand Name(s):||Mekinist|
Trametinib is approved to treat:
- Melanoma that cannot be removed by surgery or has metastasized (spread to other parts of the body). It is used in patients who have certain mutations in the BRAF gene and have not already received BRAF inhibitor therapy.
Trametinib is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.More About Trametinib
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Trametinib - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.Research Results
Drug Combination More Effective Than Single Drug for Advanced Melanoma - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.
Targeted Drug Shows Potential in Advanced Solid Tumors and Brain Metastases - Information about the use of this drug to treat cancer.
MEK: A Single Drug Target Shows Promise in Multiple Cancers - Information from NCI about this drug.Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Trametinib - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.
Important: The drug information on this page is meant to be educational. It is not a substitute for medical advice. The information may not cover all possible uses, actions, interactions, or side effects of this drug, or precautions to be taken while using it. Please see your health care professional for more information about your specific medical condition and the use of this drug.