- “Selected Vegetables” and “ Sun's Soup ” are different mixtures of vegetables and herbs that are being studied as treatments for people with cancer (see Question 1).
- Dried and frozen forms of Selected Vegetables are sold in the United States as dietary supplements (see Question 1).
- The vegetables and herbs in Selected Vegetables/Sun’s Soup may contain substances that block the growth of cancer cells and/or help the body's immune system kill cancer cells (see Question 2).
- Researchers reported that the growth of tumors was slower in the mice that were fed ingredients in Selected Vegetables/Sun's Soup, compared to the mice that ate standard food (see Question 5).
- Researchers reported that some cancer patients lived longer and had better quality of life when they received Selected Vegetables/Sun’s Soup along with other treatments. Randomized controlled trials, enrolling larger numbers of people, are needed to confirm the results (see Question 6).
- No mixture of Selected Vegetables/Sun’s Soup has been approved by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of cancer or any other medical condition (see Question 8).