Stage Information for Adult ALL
There is no clear-cut staging system for this disease. This disease is classified as untreated, in remission, or recurrent.Untreated Adult ALL
For a newly diagnosed patient with no prior treatment, untreated adult ALL is defined by the following:
- Abnormal white blood cell count and differential.
- Abnormal hematocrit/hemoglobin and platelet counts.
- Abnormal bone marrow with more than 5% blasts.
- Signs and symptoms of the disease.
A patient who has received remission-induction treatment of ALL is in remission if all of the following criteria are met:
- Bone marrow is normocellular with no more than 5% blasts.
- There are no signs or symptoms of the disease.
- There are no signs or symptoms of central nervous system leukemia or other extramedullary infiltration.
- All of the following laboratory values are within normal limits:
- White blood cell count and differential.
- Hematocrit/hemoglobin level.
- Platelet count.