Small Intestine Leiomyosarcoma
Standard treatment options:
- For resectable primary disease:
- Radical surgical resection.
- For unresectable primary disease:
- Surgical bypass of obstructing lesion and radiation therapy.
- For unresectable metastatic disease:
- Palliative surgery.
- Palliative radiation therapy.
- Palliative chemotherapy.
Treatment options under clinical evaluation:
- For unresectable primary or metastatic disease:
- Clinical trials evaluating the value of new anticancer drugs and biologicals.
Check for U.S. clinical trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials that are now accepting patients with small intestine leiomyosarcoma. The list of clinical trials can be further narrowed by location, drug, intervention, and other criteria.
General information about clinical trials is also available from the NCI Web site.