VST-1001 (Dilute Fluorescein) for Lymphatic Mapping & Localization of Lymph Nodes in Patients With Breast Cancer
- Diagnosis of primary breast cancer.
- Diagnosed with invasive adenocarcinoma, or DCIS for which a SLNB is the recommended standard of care, or breast cancer with all of the following conditions met:
- FNA results positive for cancer cells
- positive clinical breast examination
- mammography and/or US and/or MRI abnormality(ies) consistent with malignancy.
- N0 and M0 at the time of study entry.
- ECOG 0, 1, or 2
- A tumor with direct extension to the chest wall and/or to the skin.
- Diffuse tumors or multiple malignant tumors in the breast.
- Prior breast malignancy of the ipsilateral breast.
- Patient currently receiving or had prior treatment for the currently diagnosed breast cancer.
- Medical conditions and/or prior surgical procedures that have the potential to substantially alter the lymphatic drainage pattern from the primary tumor to the lymph node basin.
- Inability to localize 1 or 2 lymph node drainage basin(s) via lymphatic mapping.
Salt Lake City
The study is a single center prospective, non randomized, single arm, open label, single dose VST-1001 study for lymphatic mapping and localization of lymph nodes draining a primary tumor site in patients with clinically node negative breast cancer. This study evaluates the combined modality technique of investigational VST-1001 with companion medical devices (replacing the blue dye) and 99mTc-labeled sulfur colloid for concordance in lymphatic mapping and localization of lymph nodes in patients who are undergoing a sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) surgical procedure. This purpose of the Phase I study is to determine a safe and effective recommended dose of VST-1001 for intraoperative lymphatic mapping and localization of lymph nodes draining a breast tumor. The purpose of the Phase II study is to further evaluate the Phase I study recommended dose of VST-1001 and to evaluate its ability to provide intraoperative visualization of the lymphatic system and lymph nodes draining the primary tumor in patients diagnosed with breast cancer.
Trial Phase Phase I/II
Trial Type Not provided by clinicaltrials.gov
- Primary ID VST-1001-02
- Secondary IDs NCI-2014-02431, 2013-1021
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02294565