A Study To Assess The Tolerability And Clinical Activity Of Gedatolisib In Combination With Palbociclib / Letrozole Or Palbociclib / Fulvestrant In Women With Metastatic Breast Cancer
This is a multicenter, open label, Phase 1b study in patients with mBC. This study will have a dose escalation to identify the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of the combination of gedatolisib plus palbociclib / fulvestrant and gedatolisib plus palbociclib / letrozole and expansion to estimate the objective response rate (OR) of the combination of gedatolisib plus palbociclib / letrozole or palbociclib / fulvestrant.
- Women 18 years of age or older, who are either: Postmenopausal or Pre/perimenopausal women with medically-induced menopause by treatment with agents to induce chemical menopause.
- Histologically or cytologically proven diagnosis of breast cancer with evidence of metastasis.
- Documentation of estrogen receptor positive ((ER+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2 negative (HER2-)) tumor.
- Dose Escalation Portion: Patients must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Letrozole combination cohort (L): metastatic breast cancer (MBC) with progression who are candidates for a letrozole-containing regimen, with palbociclib.
- Fulvestrant combination cohort (F): MBC with progression who are candidates for a fulvestrant containing regimen, with palbociclib.
- Dose Expansion Portion: Patients must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Arm A: MBC with progression and no prior endocrine based systemic therapy in the metastatic setting;
- Arm B: MBC with progression during or following one prior endocrine based systemic therapy in the metastatic setting, with no prior therapy with any cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibitor;
- Arm C/Arm D: MBC with progression during or following one or two prior endocrine based systemic therapies in the metastatic setting, and following prior therapy with a CDK inhibitor.
- Measurable disease as defined by Response Evaluation Criteria In Solid Tumors (RECIST) version 1.1.
- Bone only patients during dose escalation portion.
- Availability of archival tumor biopsy sample or willing to provide fresh biopsy if not available.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group [ECOG] performance must be 0 or 1.
- Adequate bone marrow, renal and liver function.
- Prior treatment with a mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor or phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) inhibitor.
- More than 1 line of prior chemotherapy in the treatment of metastatic or locally advanced/recurrent disease.
- Bone only patients during expansion/efficacy portion.
- Patients with advanced/metastatic disease who have symptomatic visceral spread, and who have life threatening complications needing immediate therapy, such as massive uncontrolled effusions [pleural, pericardial, peritoneal], pulmonary lymphangitis, and over 50% liver replacement with tumor.
- Known active uncontrolled or symptomatic Central Nervous System (CNS) metastases.
- Active bacterial, fungal or viral infection.
- Uncontrolled or significant cardiovascular disease.
- Radiation therapy within 4 weeks of investigational product.
- Cytotoxic chemotherapy within 4 weeks of investigational product (6 weeks for mitomycin C or nitrosoureas) if immediate prior regimen was administered on an every 3 4 week schedule or 2 weeks of investigational product if immediate prior regimen consisted of weekly therapy.
- Any other anti cancer agents (eg, hormonal, biological, investigational) within 5 times the half life prior to investigational product.
- Impairment of gastro intestinal (GI) function or GI disease.
- Pregnant female patients; breastfeeding female patients; and female patients of childbearing potential who are unwilling or unable to use 2 highly effective methods of contraception as outlined in this protocol for the duration of the study and for 90 days.
Locations & Contacts
Name Not Available
Contact: Aditya Bardia
Name Not Available
Trial Objectives and Outline
This is a multicenter, open label, continuous Phase 1b study in patients with MBC. This study will have a dose escalation and expansion. The dose escalation will identify the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of the combination of gedatolisib plus palbociclib/fulvestrant and gedatolisib plus palbociclib/letrozole. The expansion will estimate the objective response rate (OR) of the combination of gedatolisib plus palbociclib/letrozole and the combination of gedatolisib plus palbociclib/fulvestrant.
Trial Phase & Type
Secondary IDs NCI-2016-00586
Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02684032