PBF-1129 in Patients With NSCLC
Trial Status: Active
Phase I clinical trial in Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) 0-1 patients with locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC to evaluate safety and tolerability of the compound PBF-1129, an Adenosine A2b receptor antagonist. The phase I dose escalation will be conducted 3+3 method. Pharmacokinetic (PK) data will be also obtained.
- Histological or cytological diagnosis of metastatic squamous or non-squamous NSCLC.
- Life expectancy greater or equal to 3 months, as determined by the investigator -Patients must have progressed on the standard therapy, including platinum based - chemotherapy. Patients with epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK), or ROS-1 mutations must have progressed on standard treatment options including EGFR, ALK, or ROS-1-directed therapies.
- No limits to the prior lines of treatment
- ECOG performance status of 0/1
- Measurable Disease by RECIST v1.1
- Age greater than 18 years.
- Adequate bone marrow, renal and hepatic function:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1500 /µL
- White blood cell count (WBC) t ≥ 2.5 x 109/L (2500/µL)
- Lymphocyte count ≥ 0.5 x 109/L (500/µL)
- Platelet count ≥ 100 x 109/L (100,000/µL) without transfusion
- Hemoglobin ≥ (9.0 g/dL) - patients may be transfused to meet this criterion.
- Aspartate aminotransferase AST, alanine aminotransferase (ALT), and alkaline phosphatase (ALP) ≤ 2.5 x upper limit of normal (ULN)
- Serum bilirubin ≤ 1.5 x ULN, with the exception of patients with known Gilbert disease: serum bilirubin level ≤ 3 x ULN
- Creatinine clearance >60 mL/min (calculated using the Cockcroft-Gault formula) or by 24-hours urine collection
- Written informed consent and any locally-required authorization obtained from the subject prior to performing any protocol-related procedures, including screening evaluations
- Subject is willing and able to comply with the protocol for the duration of the study
- Participation in another clinical study with an investigational product during the last 4 weeks or 5 half-lives prior to starting on treatment.
- Symptomatic and/or untreated or actively progressing central nervous system (CNS) metastases or leptomeningeal disease. Patients with a history of treated CNS metastases are eligible, provided that all of the following criteria are met:
- The patient has not received stereotactic radiotherapy within 7 days prior to initiation of study treatment or whole-brain radiotherapy within 14 days prior to initiation of study treatment.
- The patient has no ongoing requirement for corticosteroids as therapy for CNS disease. Anti-convulsant therapy at a stable dose is permitted.
- Serious uncontrolled medical disorder or active infection that would impair the patient's ability to receive study treatment.
- Concurrent use of other anticancer approved or investigational agents is not allowed.
- Autoimmune disorder
- Prior malignancy in past 2 years or as identified in Section 7.2 of this protocol
- Active or prior documented autoimmune disease within the past 2 years. NOTE: Patients with vitiligo, Grave's disease, or psoriasis not requiring systemic treatment (within the past 2 years) are not excluded.
- Patients receiving systemic steroids ≥ 10mg/day of prednisone or the equivalent
- Smoking (cigarettes, cigars or pipes) must be discontinued at least 7 days prior to initiating study drug administration; smoking cessation products (transdermal nicotine patches or chewing gum may be used.
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding, or intention of becoming pregnant during the study. Female subjects must either be of non-reproductive potential or have a negative serum pregnancy test result within 14 days prior to initiation of study treatment
Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center
Trial Phase Phase I
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID PBF-1129CT_03
- Secondary IDs NCI-2018-00709
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03274479