Study of Cabozantinib in Combination With Atezolizumab Versus Sorafenib in Subjects With Advanced HCC Who Have Not Received Previous Systemic Anticancer Therapy
- Histological or cytological diagnosis of HCC or clinical diagnosis of HCC in cirrhotic patients by CT or MRI per the AASLD 2018 or EASL 2018 guidelines.
- The subject has disease that is not amenable to a curative treatment approach (eg, transplant, surgery, ablation therapy) or locoregional therapy (eg, TACE).
- Measurable disease per RECIST 1.1 as determined by the Investigator.
- Barcelona Clinic Liver Cancer (BCLC) stage Category B or C.
- Child-Pugh Score of A.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0 or 1.
- Known fibrolamellar carcinoma, sarcomatoid HCC or mixed hepatocellular cholangiocarcinoma.
- Prior systemic anticancer therapy for advanced HCC including but not limited to chemotherapy, small molecule kinase inhibitors, and immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs). Subjects who have received local intratumoral or arterial chemotherapy are eligible; local anticancer therapy must be completed ≥ 28 days before randomization
- Radiation therapy for bone metastasis within 2 weeks, any other radiation therapy within 8 weeks prior to randomization.
- Known brain metastases or cranial epidural disease unless adequately treated with radiotherapy and/or surgery (including radiosurgery) and stable for at least 8 weeks prior to randomization.
- Concomitant anticoagulation with oral anticoagulants
District of Columbia
This is a multicenter, randomized, open-label, controlled Phase 3 trial of cabozantinib in combination with atezolizumab versus sorafenib in adults with advanced HCC who have not received previous systemic anticancer therapy in the advanced HCC setting. The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the effect of cabozantinib in combination with atezolizumab on the duration of progression-free survival (PFS) and duration of overall survival (OS) versus sorafenib. The secondary objective is to evaluate the activity of single-agent cabozantinib compared with sorafenib in this patient population.
Trial Phase Phase III
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID XL184-312
- Secondary IDs NCI-2019-00403
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03755791