A Study of XL092 as Single-Agent and Combination Therapy in Subjects With Solid Tumors
Trial Status: Active
This is a Phase 1, open-label, dose-escalation and expansion study, evaluating the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PK), preliminary antitumor activity, and effect on biomarkers of XL092 administered alone and in combination with atezolizumab to subjects with advanced solid tumors.
- Cytologically or histologically confirmed solid tumor that is inoperable locally advanced, metastatic, or recurrent.
- Dose-escalation (single-agent and combination therapy): Subjects with a solid tumor that is unresectable or metastatic and for which life-prolonging therapies do not exist or available therapies are intolerable or no longer effective.
- Expansion Cohort A (ccRCC): Subjects with previously treated advanced RCC with clear cell histology (including those with a sarcomatoid component) who have radiographically progressed following treatment with at least one prior systemic anticancer regimen for inoperable locally advanced or metastatic disease.
- Expansion Cohorts B and E (nccRCC): Subjects with previously treated advanced RCC with non-clear cell histology who have radiographically progressed following treatment with at least one prior systemic anticancer regimen for inoperable locally advanced or metastatic disease.
- Expansion Cohorts C and F (HR+ BC): Subjects with breast cancer that is hormone receptor positive (ER+ and/or PR+) and negative for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER-2) and who have radiographically progressed during or following treatment with at least one prior systemic anticancer regimen for inoperable locally advanced or metastatic disease.
- Expansion Cohorts D and G (mCRPC): Subjects with metastatic CRPC (adenocarcinoma of the prostate). Neuroendocrine differentiation and other features permitted if adenocarcinoma is the primary histology.
- Expansion Cohorts: Subjects must have measurable disease per RECIST 1.1.
- Tumor tissue material:
- Subjects in the non-biomarker cohort provide archival, if available, or fresh tumor tissue if it can be safely obtained.
- Subjects in the Biomarker Cohorts provide fresh tumor and skin biopsies.
- Recovery to baseline or ≤ Grade 1 severity (CTCAE v5) from adverse events (AEs), including immune-related adverse events (irAEs), related to any prior treatments, unless AE(s) are clinically nonsignificant and/or stable on supportive therapy.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status of 0-1
- Adequate organ and marrow function.
- Sexually active fertile subjects and their partners must agree to use medically accepted methods of contraception.
- Female subjects of childbearing potential must not be pregnant at screening.
- Prior treatment with XL092 (all cohorts), prior treatment with PD-L1/PD-1 targeting immune checkpoint inhibitor (Cohorts E, F, G).
- Receipt of any type of small molecule kinase inhibitor within 2 weeks before first dose of study treatment.
- Receipt of any type of anticancer antibody, systemic chemotherapy, or hormonal anticancer therapy within 4 weeks before first dose of study treatment.
- Radiation therapy for bone metastasis within 2 weeks, any other radiation therapy within 4 weeks before first dose of study treatment. Subjects with clinically relevant ongoing complications from prior radiation therapy are not eligible.
- Known brain metastases or cranial epidural disease unless adequately treated with radiotherapy and/or surgery (including radiosurgery) and stable for at least 4 weeks before first dose of study treatment.
- Uncontrolled, significant intercurrent or recent illness.
- Concomitant use of certain medications.
- Corrected QT interval calculated by the Fridericia formula (QTcF) > 460 ms within 10 days per electrocardiogram (ECG) before first dose of study treatment.
- Pregnant or lactating females.
- Diagnosis of another malignancy within 2 years before first dose of study treatment, except for superficial skin cancers, or localized, low grade tumors deemed cured and not treated with systemic therapy. Additional Exclusion Criteria for XL092 + Atezolizumab Combination Therapy Cohorts ONLY:
- Diagnosis of immunodeficiency or is receiving systemic steroid therapy or any other form of immunosuppressive therapy within 2 weeks prior to first dose of study treatment.
- Administration of a live, attenuated vaccine within 30 days prior to randomization.
City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
M D Anderson Cancer Center
Salt Lake City
Huntsman Cancer Institute / University of Utah
Trial Phase Phase I
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID XL092-001
- Secondary IDs NCI-2019-03738
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03845166