A Clinical Trial to Evaluate AZD7648 Alone and in Combination With Other Anti-cancer Agents in Patients With Advanced Cancers.
- Capable and willing to give signed informed consent which includes compliance with the requirements and restrictions listed in the informed consent form (ICF).
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age, at the time of signing the ICF.
- Participants must have histological or cytological confirmation of advanced malignancy considered to be suitable for study treatment.
- Eastern cooperative oncology group performance status 0-1.
- Life expectancy greater than 12 weeks.
- Progressive cancer at the time of study entry.
- Pharmacodynamics expansion cohorts: Participants must have at least 1 tumour suitable for biopsy and consent to having biopsies collected.
- Negative pregnancy test (urine or serum) prior to start of dosing for women of childbearing potential.
- Female participants must be 1-year post-menopausal, surgically sterile, or using an acceptable method of contraception for the duration of the study (from the time they sign consent) and for 12 weeks after the last dose of study treatment to prevent pregnancy.
- For the duration of the study (from the time they sign consent) and for 12 weeks after the last dose of study treatment, sexually active male participants must be willing to use contraception. Post-menopausal is defined as:
- Amenorrhoeic for 1 year of more following cessation of exogenous hormonal treatments, without an alternative medical cause.
- A single follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) measurement may be used to confirm a postmenopausal state only after a participant has been amenorrhoeic for greater than 12 months.
- Radiation-induced oophorectomy with last menses greater than 1 year ago.
- Chemotherapy-induced menopause with greater than 1-year interval since last menses
- Surgical sterilisation
- Any unresolved toxicities from prior therapy common terminology criteria for adverse event (CTCAE) Grade ≥2 (with the exception of alopecia).
- Spinal cord compression or brain metastases unless definitively treated, asymptomatic, stable and not requiring steroids for at least 4 weeks.
- As judged by the Investigator, any evidence of severe or uncontrolled medical conditions including but not limited to: • Uncontrolled diabetes mellitus, uncontrolled seizures, active infection requiring systemic antibiotics, antifungal or antiviral drugs, severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, severe Parkinson's disease, active inflammatory bowel disease, psychiatric condition, active bleeding diatheses, renal transplant, or active infection including any participant with active hepatitis B, hepatitis C or human immunodeficiency virus.
- Any other malignancy which has been active or treated within the past 3 years, with the exception of in situ cancer of the cervix, non-melanoma skin cancer, ductal carcinoma in situ, Stage 1 Grade 1 endometrial carcinoma, or other solid tumours including lymphomas curatively treated with no evidence of disease for ≥5 years.
- Refractory nausea and vomiting or unable to swallow and retain oral medication, chronic gastrointestinal diseases or previous bowel resection with clinically significant sequelae that would preclude adequate absorption of AZD7648, gastrointestinal symptoms CTCAE Grade >1, history of gastrointestinal ulceration and gastrointestinal haemorrhage within 6 months of first study drug administration. 6 Receiving or having received anti-cancer treatment within the following periods prior to the first dose of investigational product: (a) Cytotoxic treatment: 3 weeks, (b) Non-cytotoxic drugs: including small molecule investigational products: 3 weeks or 5 half-lives (whichever is longest), (c) Biological products including investigational immuno-oncology agents: 4 weeks, (d) Radiation with a limited field for palliation: 1 week (3 months for radiation to the abdomen or pelvis), (e) Radiation to >30% of the bone marrow or with a wide field: 4 weeks, (f) Lung radiation: 60 days, (g) Major surgery: 4 weeks; minor surgery or biopsy: 1 week 7. During the 4 weeks prior to the first dose, receiving corticosteroids at a dose of >10 mg prednisone/day or equivalent for any reason.
- Receiving or having received concomitant medications, herbal supplements and/or foods known to significantly modulate CYP3A4 activity.
- Prior exposure to a deoxyribonucleic acid-pharmacokinetics inhibitor or hypersensitivity to any excipient of the product.
- Cardiac dysfunction as defined by any of the following within 6 months of study entry: (a) Acute myocardial infarction, (b) New York Heart Association Class II/III/IV heart failure, (c) Unstable angina, (d) Unstable cardiac arrhythmias 11. Any of the following cardiac criteria: (a) Known reduced left ventricular ejection fraction below the institutional lower limit of normal, (b) Mean resting corrected QT interval (QTc) >470 milliseconds obtained from 3 electrocardiograms in 24 hours using the Fridericia formula, (c) Any factors that increase the risk of QTc prolongation or arrhythmic events such as hypokalaemia, congenital long QT syndrome, immediate family history of long QT syndrome or unexplained sudden death under 40 years of age 12. Inadequate hematological or organ function 13. Involvement in the planning and/or conduct of the study. 14. Judgement by the Investigator that the participant should not participate in the study if the participant is unlikely to comply with study procedures, restrictions and requirements.
- Previous enrolment in the present study. 16. For female participant only: currently pregnant or breast-feeding.
This is a modular Phase I/IIa, open-label, multi-centre, study of AZD7648 administered
orally, either as a monotherapy, or in combination with either cytotoxic chemotherapies or
novel anti-cancer agents in participants with advanced malignancies. The modular design
allows for an escalation of the dose of AZD7648 alone or in combination with either cytotoxic
chemotherapies or novel anti-cancer agents, with intensive safety monitoring to ensure the
safety of the participants.
The study consists of 3 modules each evaluating the safety and tolerability of AZD7648
monotherapy or with a specific combination partner. Core module of the study is study dose
escalation (Part A) of AZD7648 monotherapy, administered orally, in participants with
advanced solid tumours. The study may have up to 5 additional combination modules. Each
combination module has 2 study parts: Part A consisting of dose escalation cohorts and Part
B, a safety and proof of concept Phase IIa expansion. A Safety Review Committee will review
evaluable participants at each cohort and assess if the study should progress to Part B.
Trial Phase Phase I/II
Trial Type Treatment
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP
- Primary ID D9170C00001
- Secondary IDs NCI-2020-00614
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03907969