Platform Study of Belantamab Mafodotin as Monotherapy and in Combination With Anti-cancer Treatments in Participants With Relapsed / Refractory Multiple Myeloma (RRMM) (DREAMM 5)
Trial Status: Active
B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA) is a target present on tumor cells in participants with multiple myeloma. Belantamab mafodotin (GSK2857916); is an antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) containing humanized anti-BCMA monoclonal antibody (mAb). This is a phase I / II, randomized, open-label, platform study designed to evaluate the effects of belantamab mafodotin in combination with other anti-cancer drugs in participants with relapsed / refractory multiple myeloma. The Platform design incorporates a single master protocol, where multiple treatment combinations, as sub-studies, will be evaluated simultaneously.
- Participant must be 18 years of age inclusive or older, at the time of signing the informed consent.
- Participants must have histologically or cytologically confirmed diagnosis of Multiple Myeloma (MM), as defined by the IMWG.
- Participants having at least 3 prior lines of prior anti-myeloma treatments including an immunodilating agent (IMID) a proteasome inhibitor (PI) and an anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody.
- Participants with a history of autologous stem cell transplant are eligible for study participation when, transplant was >100 days prior to study enrolment and with no active infection(s).
- Participants with Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0-1, unless ECOG less than equal to (<=)2 is due solely to skeletal complications and/or skeletal pain due to MM.
- Participants with measurable disease defined as at least one of the following: Serum M-protein greater than equal to (>=)0.5 gram per deciliter (>=5 gram per liter) or Urine M-protein >=200 mg per 24 hours or Serum free light chain (FLC) assay: Involved FLC level >=10 mg per deciliter (>=100 mg per Liter) and an abnormal serum FLC ratio (<0.26 or >1.65).
- Participants with current corneal epithelial disease except mild punctate keratopathy.
- Participants with evidence of cardiovascular risk
- Participants with known immediate or delayed hypersensitivity reaction or idiosyncrasy to drugs chemically related to belantamab mafodotin or any of the components of the study treatment. History of severe hypersensitivity to other mAb.
- Participants with active infection requiring antibiotic, antiviral, or antifungal treatment.
- Participants with other monoclonal antibodies within 30 days or systemic anti-myeloma therapy within <14 days.
- Participants with prior radiotherapy within 2 weeks of start of study therapy.
- Participants with prior allogeneic transplant are prohibited.
- Participants who have received prior Chimeric Antigen T cell therapy (CAR-T) therapy with lymphodepletion with chemotherapy within 3 months of screening.
- Participants with any major surgery (other than bone-stabilizing surgery) within the last 30 days.
- Participants with prior treatment with an investigational agent within 14 days or 5 half-lives of receiving the first dose of study drugs, whichever is shorter.
- Participants with >=grade 3 toxicity considered related to prior check-point inhibitors and that led to treatment discontinuation.
- Participants who have received transfusion of blood products within 2 weeks before the first dose of study drug.
- Participants must not receive live attenuated vaccines within 30 days prior to first dose of study treatment or whilst receiving belantamab mafodotin +- partner agent in any sub-study arm of the platform trial and for at least 70 days following last study treatment. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-study 1 and Sub-study 2:
- Participants with autoimmune disease (current or history) or syndrome that required systemic treatment within the past 2 years.
- Exclusion for a recent (within the past 6 months) history of symptomatic pericarditis. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-study 3:
- Participants with uncontrolled small and/or large intestinal disease.
- Participants with uncontrolled skin disease.
- Participants with any condition causing hypophosphatemia, hypokalemia or hypomagnesemia which is refractory to electrolyte replacement.
- Participants with previous administration of a gamma secretase inhibitor.
- Participants with concomitant administration of a strong or moderate CYP3A4 inhibitor or inducer. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-study 4:
- Participant has an active autoimmune disease that has required systemic treatment in the past 2 years (i.e. with use of disease-modifying agents, corticosteroids, or immunosuppressive drugs).
- Participants who have received prior therapy with an anti-programmed death-1 (anti-PD-1), anti-PD-1-ligand-1 (anti-PD-L1), or anti-PD-1 ligand-2 (anti-PD-L2) agent.
- Participant has a diagnosis of immunodeficiency or is receiving systemic steroid therapy or any other form of immunosuppressive therapy within 7 days prior to the first dose of study treatment. Use of inhaled steroids, local injection of steroids, and steroid eye drops are allowed. Additional Exclusion Criteria for Sub-study 5:
- Participants with Severe hypersensitivity to Isatuximab-irfc or to any of its excipients.
- Participants with prior treatment with other anti-CD38 monoclonal antibody within 6 months of the first dose of study drug treatment.
- Participants with known intolerance or hypersensitivity to infused proteins products, sucrose, histidine, and polysorbate 80.
Cancer Therapy and Research Center at The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
Contact: Sonia Lisa Creighton
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Trial Phase Phase II
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID 208887
- Secondary IDs NCI-2020-01127
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT04126200