Hair Care Product Use among Women of Color
- 18 years or older
- Within 0-4 weeks of the 3rd trimester of their pregnancy
- Speaks English and/or Spanish
- Lives within Northern Manhattan
- Black or Hispanic women
I. To reduce use of personal care products that contain endocrine disrupting chemicals among women.
Participants attend 1-2 group sessions via Zoom over 1.5-2.5 hours that includes information on the different chemicals found in hair care products. Participants also undergo collection of urine using a urine collection kit at home.
After completion of group sessions, participants are followed up by phone during mid-late third trimester and at 1-month postpartum.
Trial Phase Phase NA
Trial Type Prevention
NYP / Columbia University Medical Center / Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Primary ID AAAS9968
- Secondary IDs NCI-2020-11587
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT04493892