Study of XL102 as Single-Agent and Combination Therapy in Subjects With Solid Tumors
Trial Status: Active
This is a Phase 1, open-label, dose-escalation and expansion study evaluating the safety, tolerability, PK, antitumor activity, and effect on biomarkers of XL102 administered orally alone and in multiple combination regimens to subjects with advanced solid tumors.
- Cytologically or histologically and radiologically confirmed solid tumor that is inoperable, locally advanced, metastatic, or recurrent.
- Dose-Escalation Stage Cohort A (Solid Tumors): The subject has a solid tumor that is unresectable or metastatic and for which life-prolonging measures do not exist or available therapies are intolerable or no longer effective.
- Dose-Escalation Stage Cohort B and Cohort-Expansion Stage Cohorts F and H (Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer): Subjects with breast cancer that is hormone receptor-positive (estrogen receptor positive [ER+] and/or progesterone receptor positive [PR+]) and negative for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER-2 negative [HER-2-]) and who have documented radiographic disease progression during or following their last systemic anticancer therapy for inoperable locally advanced or metastatic disease.
- Dose-Escalation Stage Cohort C and Cohort-Expansion Stage Cohorts G and I (Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer): Subjects with adenocarcinoma of the prostate. Note: Neuroendocrine differentiation and other histological features are permitted if adenocarcinoma is the primary histology.
- Cohort-Expansion Stage Cohort D (Triple Negative Breast Cancer): Subjects with breast cancer that is negative for HER-2, estrogen receptors, and progesterone receptors, and who have documented radiographic disease progression during or following their last systemic anticancer therapy for inoperable locally advanced or metastatic disease.
- Cohort-Expansion Stage Cohort E (Epithelial Ovarian Cancer): Subjects with epithelial ovarian cancer, including primary peritoneal cancer (PPC) and fallopian tube cancer (FTC) who have platinum-resistant disease following treatment with a platinum-containing chemotherapy. Ovarian borderline epithelial tumors (low malignant potential) are excluded.
- Expansion Cohorts: Subjects must have measurable disease per RECIST 1.1 as determined by the Investigator.
- Tumor tissue material (archival or fresh tumor tissue [if it can be safely obtained]).
- Recovery to baseline or ≤ Grade 1 severity (Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events version 5 [CTCAE v5]) from AEs.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status of 0-1.
- Adequate organ and marrow function.
- Sexually active fertile subjects and their partners must agree to use medically accepted methods of contraception.
- Female subjects of childbearing potential must not be pregnant at screening.
- Receipt of XL102 or any other selective CDK7 inhibitor.
- Receipt of any cytotoxic chemotherapy therapy or anticancer antibody therapy within 21 days before first dose of study treatment.
- Receipt of any type of small molecule kinase inhibitor within 2 weeks before first dose of study treatment.
- Receipt of any anticancer hormonal therapy within 2 weeks or within 5 half-lives of the agent, whichever is shorter, before first dose of study treatment.
- HR+BC subjects enrolled in the Combination Cohorts B and H receiving fulvestrant prior to first dose of study treatment are allowed to continue with their fulvestrant treatment.
- Metastatic CRPC subjects enrolled in the Combination Cohorts C and I receiving abiraterone prior to first dose of study treatment are allowed to continue with their abiraterone treatment.
- Radiation therapy within 14 days before first dose of study treatment. Subjects with clinically relevant ongoing complications from prior radiation therapy are not eligible.
- Known brain metastases or cranial epidural disease unless adequately treated with radiotherapy and/or surgery (including radiosurgery) and stable for at least 4 weeks before first dose of study treatment.
- Concomitant use of certain medications.
- Uncontrolled, significant intercurrent or recent illness.
- Corrected QT interval calculated by the Fridericia formula (QTcF) > 480 ms per electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Pregnant or lactating females.
- Diagnosis of another malignancy within 2 years before first dose of study treatment, except for superficial skin cancers, or localized, low grade tumors deemed cured and not treated with systemic therapy.
Emory University Hospital / Winship Cancer Institute
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
M D Anderson Cancer Center
Contact: Vivek Subbiah
Trial Phase Phase I
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID XL102-101
- Secondary IDs NCI-2021-03620
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT04726332