Treatment Options for Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Biologic therapy with sipuleucel-T for patients already treated with hormone therapy.
- Hormone therapy.
- Radiation therapy.
- Prostatectomy for patients already treated with radiation therapy.
Treatment to control pain from cancer that has spread to the bone may include the following:
- Pain medicine.
- External-beam radiation therapy.
- Internal radiation therapy with radioisotopes such as strontium-89.
- Targeted therapy with a monoclonal antibody.
Check for U.S. clinical trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials that are now accepting patients with recurrent prostate cancer. For more specific results, refine the search by using other search features, such as the location of the trial, the type of treatment, or the name of the drug. Talk with your doctor about clinical trials that may be right for you. General information about clinical trials is available from the NCI Web site.