Zirconium Zr 89 Trastuzumab or Zirconium Zr 89 DFO-Pertuzumab PET / CT in Identifying Unsuspected HER2 Positive Breast Metastases in Patients with HER2 Negative Breast Cancer
- Biopsy proven HER2 negative primary breast cancer and biopsy proven metastatic disease
- 5 or more foci of demonstrable metastases on recent imaging modalities (CT, magnetic resonance [MR], fludeoxyglucose [FDG] PET/CT)
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance score of 0-2
- Life expectancy < 3 months
- Pregnancy or lactation
- Patients who cannot undergo PET/CT scanning
- Central nervous system (CNS) only disease on recent imaging
I. To determine the proportion of patients with HER2 negative (-) primary breast cancer who develop imageable HER2 positive (+) metastases using a targeted HER2 radiotracer.
Patients receive zirconium Zr 89 trastuzumab or zirconium Zr 89 DFO-pertuzumab intravenously (IV) over 5-10 minutes. Beginning within 4-6 days of zirconium Zr 89 trastuzumab or zirconium Zr 89 DFO-pertuzumab administration, patients undergo PET/CT imaging over approximately 40 minutes.
Trial Phase Phase NA
Trial Type Diagnostic
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Primary ID 14-156
- Secondary IDs NCI-2015-00829
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02286843