Phase 1 / 1b Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of Ciforadenant Alone and in Combination With Atezolizumab in Advanced Cancers
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status 0-2.
- Documented pathologic diagnosis of clear cell RCC.
- Relapsed or refractory to 1-2 prior lines of therapy containing at least an anti-PD-(L)1 agent.
- Measurable disease according to RECIST v1.1
- Mandatory newly collected tumor biopsy sample obtained prior to treatment initiation.
- History of severe hypersensitivity reaction to monoclonal antibodies.
- Has immunodeficiency or requires treatment with systemic immunosuppressive medication within 2 weeks prior to initiation of study treatment or anticipation of need for systemic immunosuppressant medication during study treatment.
- Has an active autoimmune disease requiring systemic treatment with in the past 2 years OR a documented history of clinically severe autoimmune disease.
District of Columbia
This is a phase 1/1b open-label, multicenter, dose-selection study of ciforadenant, an oral small molecule targeting the adenosine-A2A receptor on T-lymphocytes and other cells of the immune system. This trial will study the safety, tolerability, and anti-tumor activity of ciforadenant as a single agent and in combination with atezolizumab, an intravenous PD-L1 inhibitor. Ciforadenant blocks adenosine from binding to the A2A receptor. Adenosine suppresses the anti-tumor activity of T cells and other immune cells.
Trial Phase Phase I
Trial Type Treatment
Corvus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Primary ID CPI-444-001
- Secondary IDs NCI-2016-00227
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02655822