A Study of LY3214996 Administered Alone or in Combination With Other Agents in Participants With Advanced / Metastatic Cancer
Trial Status: Closed to Accrual
The purpose of this study is to determine the safety of an extracellular signal regulated kinase (ERK1 / 2) inhibitor LY3214996 administered alone or in combination with other agents in participants with advanced cancer.
- Have advanced or metastatic cancer (solid tumors) and be an appropriate candidate for experimental therapy.
- Part B (No Longer Enrolling Participants): Have advanced or metastatic cancer with an activating mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway alteration, BRAF mutant metastatic melanoma refractory to or relapsed after treatment with RAF and/or MEK inhibitors, metastatic melanoma with a NRAS mutation, or BRAF mutant NSCLC.
- Part C: Advanced, unresectable cancer (dose escalation) and advanced, unresectable, or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer with a BRAF or RAS mutation, or NRAS mutant melanoma (dose expansion).
- Part D (No Longer Enrolling Participants): Have metastatic pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (dose escalation and dose expansion).
- Part E: Metastatic BRAF V600E colorectal cancer.
- Have discontinued previous treatments for cancer and have resolution, except where otherwise stated in the inclusion criteria, of all clinically significant toxic effects of prior chemotherapy, surgery, or radiotherapy to Grade ≤1 by National Cancer Institute (NCI) Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE), Version 4.0.
- Have adequate organ function.
- Have a performance status of 0 to 1 on the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) scale.
- Have serious preexisting medical conditions.
- Have a known human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection or known activated/reactivated hepatitis A, B, or C.
- Have symptomatic central nervous system malignancy or metastasis.
- Have current hematologic malignancies, acute or chronic leukemia.
- Have a second primary malignancy that in the judgment of the investigator or Lilly may affect the interpretation of results.
- Have prior malignancies. Participants with carcinoma in situ of any origin and participants with prior malignancies who are in remission and whose likelihood of recurrence is very low, as judged by the Lilly clinical research physician, are eligible for this study.
- Have a mean QT interval corrected for heart rate (QTc) of ≥470 milliseconds on screening electrocardiogram (ECG) as calculated using the Bazett's formula at several consecutive days of assessment.
- Have participated, within the last 28 days in a clinical trial involving an investigational product or are currently enrolled in a clinical trial involving an investigational product or any other type of medical research judged not to be scientifically or medically compatible with this study.
- Have previously completed or withdrawn from this study or any other study investigating an ERK1/2 inhibitor.
- If female, is pregnant, breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant.
- Have history or findings of central or branch retinal artery or venous occlusion with significant vision loss or other retinal diseases that cause current visual impairment or would likely cause visual impairment over the time period of the study.
- Currently using concomitant medications that are strong inhibitors or inducers of CYP3A4.
- Part C: have serious and/or uncontrolled preexisting medical condition(s) that, in the judgment of the investigator, would preclude participation in this study, including interstitial lung disease (ILD) or severe dyspnea at rest or requiring oxygen therapy.
- Part C4 NRAS Melanoma: have previously completed or withdrawn from a study investigating a MEK inhibitor.
District of Columbia
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Brigham and Women's Hospital
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI)
M D Anderson Cancer Center
Trial Phase Phase I
Trial Type Treatment
Eli Lilly and Company
- Primary ID 16419
- Secondary IDs NCI-2017-00039, 2016-001907-21, I8S-MC-JUAB
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02857270