Trial of Hu5F9-G4 in Combination With Cetuximab in Patients With Solid Tumors and Advanced Colorectal Cancer
Trial Status: Complete
This trial will evaluate Hu5F9-G4 in combination with cetuximab. Hu5F9-G4 is a monoclonal antibody which is designed to block a protein called CD47, which is widely expressed on human cancer cells. Blocking CD47 with Hu5F9-G4 may enable the body's immune system to find and destroy the cancer cells. Cetuximab is a monoclonal antibody drug that is used for treatment of certain types of colorectal cancer as well as head and neck cancer. The major aims of the study are: (Phase 1b) to define the safety profile and to determine a recommended Phase 2 dose for Hu5F9-G4 in combination with cetuximab, and (Phase 2) to evaluate the objective response rate of Hu5F9-G4 in combination with cetuximab in patients with advanced colorectal cancer.
- Histological Diagnosis
- Phase 1b only: Advanced solid malignancy with an emphasis on colorectal, head and neck, breast, pancreatic and ovarian cancers who have been treated with at least one regimen of prior systemic therapy, or who refuse systemic therapy, and for which there is no curative therapy available.
- Phase 2:
- KRAS Mutant CRC: Advanced KRAS mutant CRC who have progressed or are ineligible for both irinotecan and oxaliplatin based chemotherapy
- KRAS Wild Type CRC: Advanced KRAS wild type CRC who have progressed or are ineligible for both irinotecan and oxaliplatin based chemotherapy and who are relapsed or refractory to at least 1 prior systemic therapy that included an anti-EGFR antibody, such as cetuximab, panitumumab or others.
- Adequate performance status and hematological, liver, and kidney function
- Phase 2 only: Willing to consent to 1 mandatory pre-treatment and 1 on-treatment tumor biopsy
- Active brain metastases
- Prior treatment with CD47 or signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPα) targeting agents.
- Phase 2 only: second malignancy within the last 3 years.
- Known active or chronic hepatitis B or C infection or HIV
- Pregnancy or active breastfeeding
UCLA / Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center
Contact: Msgana Tamrat
Stanford Cancer Institute Palo Alto
Wayne State University / Karmanos Cancer Institute
University of Pennsylvania / Abramson Cancer Center
M D Anderson Cancer Center
Trial Phase Phase I/II
Trial Type Treatment
Forty Seven, Inc.
- Primary ID 5F9004
- Secondary IDs NCI-2017-00905
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT02953782