A Safety and Efficacy Trial of JCAR017 Combinations in Subjects With Relapsed / Refractory B-cell Malignancies (PLATFORM)
- Subject is ≥ 18 years of age at the time of signing the informed consent form ().
- Subject must understand and voluntarily sign an ICF prior to any study-related assessments/procedures being conducted.
- Subject is willing and able to adhere to the study visit schedule and other protocol requirements.
- Subject must have histologically confirmed at last relapse aggressive B-cell NHL according to "The 2016 revision of the WHO classification of lymphoid neoplasms" defined as:
- Diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) Not otherwise specified (NOS) including transformed indolent Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)
- Follicular lymphoma Grade 3B
- T cell/histiocyte-rich large B-cell lymphoma
- Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) positive DLBCL, NOS
- Primary mediastinal (thymic) large B-cell lymphoma
- High grade B-cell lymphoma with MYC and BCL2 and/or BCL6 rearrangements with DLBCL histology (double/triple-hit lymphoma)
- Subjects disease must have relapsed or be refractory to at least 2 prior lines of therapy. Previous therapy must have included a CD20-targeted agent and an anthracycline.
- Subject must have
- Positron emission tomography (PET)-positive (Deauville score 4 or 5) and computed tomography (CT) measurable disease as per Lugano Classification
- Sum of product of perpendicular diameters (SPD) of up to 6 index lesions ≥ 25 cm2 by CT scan (not applicable to Arm A or B or subjects with Richter's transformation)
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status ≤ 1 at screening
- Adequate organ function
- Subjects must agree to not donate blood, organs, sperm or semen, and egg cells for usage in other individuals
- Participants must agree to use effective contraception
- Subject has any significant medical condition, laboratory abnormality, or psychiatric illness that would prevent the subject from participating in the study based on investigator´s judgment.
- Subject has any condition including the presence of laboratory abnormalities, which places the subject at unacceptable risk if he/she were to participate in the study based on investigator´s judgment.
- Subject has any condition that confounds the ability to interpret data from the study based on investigator´s judgment.
- Subjects with prior history of malignancies, other than aggressive R/R NHL, unless the subject has been free of the disease for ≥ 2 years with the exception of the following non-invasive malignancies:
- Basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
- Carcinoma in situ of the cervix
- Carcinoma in situ of the breast
- Incidental histologic finding of prostate cancer (T1a or T1b using the TNM [tumor, nodes, metastasis] clinical staging system) or prostate cancer that is curative.
- Other completely resected stage 1 solid tumor with low risk for recurrence
- Prior treatment with any prior gene therap y product
- Prior treatment with any adoptive T cell therapy; prior hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) is allowed
- Allogeneic HSCT within 90 days of leukapheresis
- Prior treatment with the combination agent from the assigned arm:
- Anti PD-1 or PD-L1 (Arm A and E)
- CC-122 (Arm B)
- CC-220 (Arm C)
- Prior treatment with ibrutinib is not exclusionary for subjects on any study arm
- Anti LAG-3 targeted agent (Arm E)
- CC-99282 (Arm F)
- Presence of acute or chronic graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)
- History of or active hepatitis B or hepatitis C or human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Uncontrolled bacterial, viral or fungal infection at the time of leukapheresis, lymphodepleting chemotherapy or JCAR017 infusion
- Any history of myocarditis (Arm E); history of any one of the following cardiovascular conditions within the past 6 months: Class III or IV heart failure as defined by the New York Heart Association (NYHA), cardiac angioplasty or stenting, myocardial infarction, unstable angina, or other clinically significant cardiac disease (all arms)
- History or presence of clinically relevant central nervous system (CNS) pathology such as epilepsy, seizure, paresis, aphasia, stroke, severe brain injuries, dementia, Parkinson's disease, cerebellar disease, organic brain syndrome, or psychosis
- Subjects with active CNS or cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) involvement by malignancy
- Pregnant or nursing (lactating) women.
- Subjects with active auto immune disorders/processes or active neurological or inflammatory disorders
- For subjects to receive oral combination therapy (Arms B, C, D or F): History of a gastrointestinal (GI) condition or procedure that in the opinion of the investigator may affect oral drug absorption.
- Progressive tumor invasion of venous or arterial vessels.
- Deep venous thrombosis (DVT)/pulmonary embolism (PE) not managed on a stable regimen of anticoagulation.
During Phase 1, different arms may be opened to test JCAR017 in combination with combination
agent(s) in adult subjects with R/R aggressive B-cell NHL. Within each arm, different doses
and schedules of JCAR017 and the combination agent(s) may be tested in several cohorts and
subcohorts per arm. During Phase 2 of the study, the expansion of any dose level and schedule
for any arm that has been shown to be safe may occur.
Arm A will test JCAR017 in combination with Durvalumab Arm B will test JCAR017 in combination
with CC-122 Arm C will test JCAR017 in combination with CC-220 (iberdomide ) Arm D will test
JCAR017 in combination with ibrutinib. Arm E will test JCAR017 in combination with relatlimab
and/or nivolumab Arm F will test JCAR017 in combination with CC-99282 All subjects from Phase
1 and Phase 2 will be followed for 24 months following JCAR017 infusion. Post-study follow-up
for survival, relapse, long-term toxicity (including new malignancies), and viral vector
safety will continue under a separate long-term follow-up (LTFU) protocol for up to 15 years
after the JCAR017 dose as per health authority regulatory guidelines.
Trial Phase Phase I/II
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID JCAR017-BCM-002
- Secondary IDs NCI-2017-02377, U1111-1201-2046
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03310619