Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of the Coadministration of Ibrexafungerp (SCY-078) With Voriconazole in Patients With Invasive Pulmonary Aspergillosis
- Subject is a male or female adult ≥18 years of age on the day the study informed consent form (ICF) is signed.
- Subject has a probable or proven IPA based on EORTC-MSG criteria.
- Subject has a result of a serum GMI ≥0.5 from a sample obtained within the 96 hours preceding enrollment into the study (Baseline/Treatment Day 1).
- Subject has a diagnosis of a hematological malignancy or a myelodysplastic syndrome or aplastic anemia or has undergone hematopoietic cell transplantation OR
- Subject who either recently resolved or ongoing neutropenia (neutropenia defined as absolute neutrophil count < 0.5 x 109/L [< 500/mm3] for > 10 days), temporally related to the onset of fungal disease OR
- Subject who received treatment with other recognized T-cell immunosuppressants (such as cyclosporine, tacrolimus, monoclonal antibodies or nucleoside analogs) during the past 90 days including solid organ transplant patients OR
- Subject with inherited severe immunodeficiency (e.g. chronic granulomatous disease, severe combined immunodeficiency)
- Subject has not received more than 4 days (96 hours) of prior mold-active antifungal therapy for the treatment of the IPA episode in the 7 days preceding enrollment into the study (Baseline/Treatment Day 1). However, subjects who have received more than 4 days but less than 7 days of prior mold-active antifungal therapy for the treatment of the IPA episode in the 7 days preceding enrollment into the study may be enrolled but will require approval from the study medical monitor, who will evaluate each subject on a case-by-case basis.
- Subject has an IPA episode that, in the investigator´s judgement, requires antifungal therapy and may be adequately treated with voriconazole (i.e., the IPA is not a breakthrough infection while receiving a mold-active azole antifungal [voriconazole, posaconazole, isavuconazole or itraconazole] that requires therapy with a non-azole antifungal agent).
- Subject has a fungal disease with central nervous system involvement suspected at Screening.
- Subject is receiving, has received or anticipates to be receiving concomitant medications that are listed in the prohibited medication list (Appendix A in full protocol) within the specified washout periods.
- Subject has a Karnofsky score <20.
- Subject is expected to die from a non-infectious cause within 30 days from the day the study ICF is signed.
- Subject is under mechanical ventilation.
- Subject has abnormal liver test parameters: AST or ALT >5 x ULN and/or total bilirubin >2.5 x ULN.
This is a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, two-arm study to evaluate the safety, tolerability, efficacy and PK of the coadministration of SCY-078 plus voriconazole compared to those of voriconazole in male and female subjects 18 years of age and older with a hematological malignancy (HM) or a myelodysplastic syndrome or aplastic anemia or hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and a probable or proven invasive pulmonary aspergillosis based on EORTCMSG criteria. In addition, all subjects must be positive (≥0.5) for serum GMI.
Trial Phase Phase II
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID SCY-078-206
- Secondary IDs NCI-2019-04112, 2018-002565-18
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03672292