A Safety and Preliminary Efficacy Study of CC-99282 in Combination With Obinutuzumab in Subjects With Relapsed or Refractory Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia / Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma
- Subject is ≥18 years of age
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of 0-2.
- Must have a documented diagnosis of CLL/SLL requiring treatment (IwCLL Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Treatment of CLL). In addition presence of clinically measurable disease determined by at least one of the factors listed:
- nodal lesion that measures ≥ 1.5 cm in longest dimension (LD) and ≥ 1.0 cm in longest perpendicular dimension (LPD), or
- spleen that measures ≥ 14 cm in longest vertical dimension (LVD) with a minimum of 2 cm enlargement, or
- liver that measures ≥ 20 cm in LVD with a minimum of 2 cm enlargement, or
- peripheral blood B lymphocyte count > 5000/uL
- All eligible subjects must be relapsed after or be refractory to >2 prior lines of therapy one of which must have included an approved BTK inhibitor.
- Must meet the following laboratory parameters:
- Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1,500 cells/mm3 or ≥ 1000 cells/mm3 if secondary to bone marrow involvement by disease.
- Platelet count ≥ 100,000 cells/mm3 (100 x 109/L) or ≥ 50,000 cells/mm3 (50 x 109/L) if secondary to bone marrow involvement by disease.
- Serum aspartate transaminase (AST/SGOT) or alanine transaminase (ALT/SGPT) < 3.0 x upper limit of normal (ULN).
- Serum bilirubin < 1.5 x ULN unless due to Gilbert's syndrome.
- Calculated creatinine clearance of ≥ 60 ml/min.
- Presence of any significant medical condition, laboratory abnormality, or psychiatric illness that would prevent the subject from participating in the study.
- Prior allogeneic stem cell transplant (SCT)/bone marrow transplant within 12 months of signing the ICD. Subjects who received allogeneic SCT ≥ 12 months before signing the ICD may be eligible provided there is no ongoing graft-versus-host disease and no ongoing immune suppression therapy.
- Subject has received prior CAR-T or other T-cell targeting treatment (approved or investigational) ≤ 4 weeks prior to starting CC-99282.
- Subject has received prior therapy with CRBN-modulating drug (eg, lenalidomide, avadomide/CC-122, pomalidomide) ≤ 4 weeks prior to starting CC-99282.
- History of second malignancies with life expectancy of ≤ 2 years or requirement of therapy that would confound study results.
- Peripheral neuropathy ≥ Grade 2.
- History of hypersensitivity to lenalidomide, pomalidomide, thalidomide.
- Impaired cardiac function or clinically significant cardiac disease.
- Persistent diarrhea or malabsorption ≥ NCI CTCAE Grade 2, despite medical management.
- Active disease transformation (ie, Richter's Syndrome)
- Uncontrolled/active autoimmune hemolytic anemia or thrombocytopenia
All eligible subjects must be relapsed or refractory to at least 2 prior lines of therapy,
one of which must have included an inhibitor of B-cell receptor signaling (approved Bruton's
tyrosine kinase inhibitor [BTKi] or Phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibitor [PI3Ki]) or
venetoclax. The dose escalation (Part A) will evaluate the safety, tolerability, and PK of
escalating doses of CC-99282 given in combination with intravenous obinutuzumab to determine
the MTD and RP2D of CC-99282 when given in combination with obinutuzumab.The dose expansion
(Part B) may occur at the MTD established in the dose escalation phase, or at an alternative
tolerable dosing schedule, based on review of safety, PK and PD data from Part A.
Trial Phase Phase I
Trial Type Treatment
- Primary ID CC-99282-CLL-001
- Secondary IDs NCI-2020-05483, U1111-1251-4261, 2019-003228-18
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT04434196