Study of Efficacy and Safety of Tisagenlecleucel in HR B-ALL EOC MRD Positive Patients
- CD19 expressing B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- De novo NCI HR B-ALL who received first-line treatment and are MRD ≥ 0.01% at EOC. EOC bone marrow MRD will be collected prior to screening and will be assessed by multi-parameter flow cytometry using central laboratory analysis.
- Age 1 to 25 years at the time of screening
- Lansky (age < 16 years) or Karnofsky (age ≥ 16 years) performance status ≥ 60%
- Adequate organ function during the screening period: A. Renal function based on age/gender B. ALT ≤ 5 times ULN for age C. AST ≤ 5 times ULN for age D. Total bilirubin < 2 mg/dL (for Gilbert's Syndrome subjects total bilirubin < 4 mg/dL) E. Adequate pulmonary function defined as:
- no or mild dyspnea (≤ Grade 1)
- oxygen saturation of > 90% on room air F. Adequate cardiac function defined as LVSF ≥ 28% confirmed by echocardiogram or LVEF ≥ 45% confirmed by echocardiogram or MUGA within 6 weeks of screening
- Prior induction and consolidation chemotherapy allowed: 1st line subjects: ≤ 3 blocks of standard chemotherapy for first-line B-ALL, defined as 4-drug induction, augmented Berlin-Frankfurt-Münster (BFM) consolidation, and interim maintenance with high-dose methotrexate.
- M3 marrow at the completion of 1st line induction therapy
- M2 or M3 marrow or persistent extramedullary disease at the completion of first-line consolidation therapy. Patients with previous CNS disease are eligible if there is no active CNS involvement of leukemia at the time of enrollment.
- Philadelphia chromosome positive ALL
- Hypodiploid: less than 44 chromosomes and/or DNA index < 0.81, or other clear evidence of a hypodiploid clone
- Prior tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy
- Subjects with concomitant genetic syndromes associated with bone marrow failure states: such as subjects with Fanconi anemia, Kostmann syndrome, Shwachman syndrome or any other known bone marrow failure syndrome. Subjects with Down syndrome will not be excluded.
- Subjects with Burkitt's lymphoma/leukemia (i.e. subjects with mature B-ALL, leukemia with B-cell [sIg positive and kappa or lambda restricted positivity] ALL, with FAB L3 morphology and /or a MYC translocation)
- Has had treatment with any prior anti-CD19 therapy 9. Treatment with any prior gene or engineered T cell therapy
Trial Phase Phase II
Trial Type Treatment
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Primary ID CCTL019G2201J
- Secondary IDs NCI-2019-02353, 2017-002116-14
- Clinicaltrials.gov ID NCT03876769