Careers at NCI
The largest of the institutes and centers that make up the National Institutes of Health, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) is a premier research center that offers research, programmatic support, and training opportunities at its laboratories and offices in Maryland. NCI is deeply committed to the core values of equity, diversity, and inclusion that allow all staff to reach their potential and fully contribute to the institute’s cancer mission.
Jobs at NCI
Explore federal opportunities for employment at NCI.
- USA Jobs: All of NCI’s open, full-time and part-time federal positions by the National Institutes of Health are posted on USA Jobs.
Other open positions at NCI.
- Center for Cancer Research (CCR): CCR's principal investigators lead teams of laboratory scientists, trainees, clinicians, patient-care providers and administrators to unlock scientific knowledge to advance the fight against cancer and HIV/AIDS. Be part of its mission to make breakthrough scientific discoveries to find cures and treatments for cancer.
- Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (DCEG): DCEG is home to epidemiologists, geneticists, biostatisticians, clinicians, and laboratory and other scientists who conduct multidisciplinary research to study cancer risk factors, from workplace exposures and lifestyle choices to genetics. DCEG’s renowned international research program fully integrates trainees across the career spectrum, from college students through postdoctoral fellows. The division also recruits scientific personnel from academia, government agencies, and major health organizations.
- Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research: The only US national lab wholly focused on research, technology, and collaboration in the biomedical sciences, the Frederick National Laboratory offers opportunities to pursue a cutting-edge science career as well as roles that provide vital support to this important work.
Learn more about training opportunities at NCI, including summer internships.
- Cancer Training at NCI: Cancer training and career development opportunities on NCI’s campus in Maryland.
- Extramural Cancer Research Training: Fellowships, research career development awards, and training in all areas of cancer research, at universities and institutions across the country.
- Diversity Career Development: Programs promoting a diverse scientific workforce.
- Presidential Management Fellows (PMF) Program: Leadership and development training program for advanced degree candidates to develop themselves in scientific administration and management areas.