CGH Spotlight Blog
This blog features content and images to showcase the great work from the Center for Global Health.
- An NCI Affordable Cancer Technologies project selected as one of Physics World’s Top Ten Breakthroughs of 2018
Eric Ford from the University of Washington and his team have recently been recognized by Physics World for his NCI-funded work to bring intensity-modulate radiotherapy (IMRT) to low- and middle-income settings.
- CGH Recognizes World Cancer Day 2019
On Monday, February 4, the National Cancer Institute (NCI) will recognize World Cancer Day, (WCD) an initiative of the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC). The Center for Global Health (CGH) joins partners across the globe to build awareness about progress against cancer and promote knowledge sharing in cancer research and cancer control.
- NCI Summer Curriculum: Strengthening Global Cancer Research Capacity
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program (CPFP) hosts the 2018 NCI Summer Curriculum featuring two courses: The Principles and Practice of Cancer Prevention and Control (PPCPC) and the Molecular Prevention Course. The program provides a multidisciplinary overview of the principles and practices of cancer prevention and control from both, the public health and the basic biology perspectives.
- Using World RePORT to Measure How Much HPV-related Research is Being Funded Throughout the World
World RePORT, an open-access and interactive database of international research projects, grants, and collaborations dedicated to improving health, compiles data submitted by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), the UK’s medical research council (MRC), the European Commission (EC), the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and the Wellcome Trust. We use this database to determine where research on HPV is taking place.
- APACT & WCC 2018: Tobacco Control, Oral Cancer and the Sustainable Development Goals in the Asia-Pacific
Tobacco Control, Oral Cancer and Sustainable Development in the Asia-Pacific
- Working with NCI Divisions, Offices and Centers to Advance Global Cancer Research
The Center for Global Health is partnering with NCI divisions, offices, and centers, and partners around the world to recognize World Cancer Research Day (WCRD) on September 24. WCRD is a global initiative to increase awareness about the importance of cancer research and the dedication of cancer researchers worldwide.
- Message from the Center for Global Health's Interim Director
Center for Global Interim Director, Dr. Robert Croyle, discusses CGH accomplishments and plans for the new leadership.
- Successful Outreach for Collaboration on Cancer Research in Eurasia
Together with N. N. Alexandrov National Cancer Centre of Belarus, CGH convened the first Eurasian Cancer Screening Conference, held on May 17-18th, 2018. The event focused on results derived from evaluations of national cancer screening programs, and needs of cancer research and implementation.
- Tobacco Breaks Hearts: World No Tobacco Day 2018
This year World No Tobacco Day highlights the impact of tobacco use on heart disease under the banner “Tobacco Breaks Hearts.” There are many reasons to focus on heart health. More people die from cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) worldwide than from any other cause, and tobacco use is responsible for about 10% of these deaths.