Join the discussion! Post comments, ask questions, and share information with RAS experts. Subscribe to receive notifications when a new RAS Dialogue article is posted.
- Modeling Treatments for Ras and Raf Cancers
Details of how Raf inhibitors interact with their protein targets enable modeling of how drug resistance develops. Together with other biochemical data, computational models predict how to combine inhibitors for more effective cancer treatments.
- The Stroma of Pancreatic Cancer Supports Proliferation of Tumor Cells
Pancreatic cancer cells activate stellate cells in their microenvironment, causing them to secrete lipid molecules. Some of these molecules are converted to a potent signaling lipid, which increases cancer growth.
- Inhibition of MAPK Signaling Increases Autophagy in Mutant RAS Cancers
Cancers driven by mutant RAS genes show increased autophagy. Dual inhibition of RAS signaling and autophagy inhibits RAS cancers.
- Initiative Spotlight: A Conversation with Frank McCormick
Recent discoveries and new approaches are chipping away at the cancers caused by mutant RAS genes. For the first time drugs that target RAS directly are in human clinical trials.
- Conversation with Dr. Shiva Malek and Dr. Christiaan Klijn
Signaling downstream of RAS is subject to many levels of regulation. Inhibiting MEK seems to re-wire that regulation so that inhibitors of RAF kinases are more effective against cells driven by mutant KRAS.