Skip to main content

President Roosevelt's 1940 Dedication of the First NCI Building

President Roosevelt's 1940 Dedication of the First NCI Building

On October 31, 1940, President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivered a speech dedicating the first six buildings of the new National Institute of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Building 6, as noted in this video excerpt, was NCI's first official building.