RAS Tools and Resources
The following are helpful RAS datasets, tools, and resources which we will keep up-to-date. Please email any additional datasets, tools, or resources to SolveRAS@nih.gov and we will add them to the list. The more collaboration we have, the better our chances of solving the challenging RAS problem.
Databases with RAS Information
- Protein Databank
Protein Databank contains RAS structures.
GeneCards is a searchable, integrated database of human genes that provides comprehensive, updated, and user-friendly information on all known and predicted human genes.
- Genomics of Drug Sensitivity n Cancer
This project is a collaboration between the Cancer Genome Project at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (UK) and the Center for Molecular Therapeutics, Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center (USA). This work is funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- The Cancer Genome Atlas (TCGA)
The TCGA Data Portal provides a platform for researchers to search, download, and analyze datasets generated by the TCGA program. It contains clinical information, genomic characterization data, and high level sequence analysis of the tumor genomes.
- Cancer Cell Line Encyclopedia (CCLE)
The CCLE project at the Broad Institute and is an effort to conduct a detailed genetic characterization of a large panel of human cancer cell lines. The CCLE provides public access analysis and visualization of DNA copy number, mRNA expression, mutation data and more, for 1000 cancer cell lines.
The cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics provides visualization, analysis, and download of large-scale cancer genomics datasets. The portal is developed and maintained by the Computational Biology Center at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. References: Cerami et al. Cancer Discov. 2012 & Gao et al. Sci. Signal. 2013.
- COSMIC - Catalog of Somatic Mutations in Cancer
COSMIC stores and displays somatic mutation information and related details and contains information relating to human cancers.
Press Releases and News Articles
- Drug Developers Refocus Efforts on RAS
- McCormick to Aid FNLCR in Developing RAS Cancer Genetics Initiative
- NCI Advisory Boards Give Green Light to RAS Initiative
- U.S. Cancer Institute ‘Megaproject’ to Target Common Cancer-driving Protein
- U.S. National Cancer Institute’s New RAS Project Targets an Old Foe