Children with Cancer: A Guide for Parents
If your child has cancer, this guide can help you every step of the way. This guide can be printed as a PDF booklet, or viewed as an ePub, or Kindle book, by simply clicking on one of the boxes below.
This guide is divided into five sections:
- Types of Childhood Cancers
- Diagnosing and Staging Cancer
- Talking with Your Child
- Hospitals That Specialize in Treating Children with Cancer
- Clinical Trials
- Cancer Treatments and Side Effects
- Common Health Problems (infection, nutrition, stress and pain)
- Finding Ways to Cope and Stay Strong
- Helping Your Child to Cope
- Helping Brother and Sisters
- Getting Organized
- Survivorship and Follow-up Care
- If Treatments Aren’t Working
- Looking Forward
- Practices That Help Children: Integrative Medicine Approaches
- Medical Tests and Procedures
Each section also has quotes from parents, related resources, and questions to help you get more in-depth and personalized information. This guide is designed to be used as a tool in consultation with your child’s health care team.
The information in this booklet was last updated in September 2015.