Understanding Breast Changes and Conditions: A Health Guide
Did you just receive an abnormal mammogram result, find a lump, or notice a change in your breast? If you did, keep in mind that breast changes are very common. Most abnormal mammogram findings are not cancer. However, it is important to follow up with your doctor after an abnormal test result or if you notice a breast change.
This booklet covers:
- abnormal and normal breast changes
- screening tests for breast cancer
- mammogram results
- follow-up tests to diagnose breast conditions and breast cancer
- benign breast conditions
- precancerous breast conditions
- ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS)
- breast cancer
This guide is designed to be used in consultation with your doctor or nurse. It has medical images, quotes from other women, and questions to ask.
This booklet was last updated in October, 2022.