Understanding Prostate Changes: A Health Guide for Men
Understanding Prostate Changes is a health guide for men. It has information about prostate cancer symptoms, risk factors, and the PSA screening test. Other prostate conditions, such as BPH and prostatitis, are also discussed.
This health guide answers questions you may have about prostate-related conditions:
- What are signs and symptoms of prostate-related conditions and changes?
- What causes these signs and symptoms?
- What lifestyle changes may help men feel better?
- What are risk factors for prostate cancer?
- What do we know about preventing prostate cancer?
- What is the PSA test? What causes PSA levels to rise or fall?
- What medical tests and procedures are used to diagnose and treat prostate conditions?
Also included are tips to help you prepare for your doctor’s visit, questions to ask your doctor, medical images, and a list of prostate-related organizations and resources.
The information in this booklet was last updated in August 2011.