When Someone You Love is Being Treated for Cancer is for friends or family members caring for a person with cancer.
Being a caregiver to someone you love may mean helping with daily activities such as going to doctor’s visits or preparing food. It can also be coordinating care and services or offering emotional support. But during this time, it’s important that caregivers take care of themselves, too.
PDF Kindle ePub
This booklet covers:
- Understanding the changes that come in your life with caregiving
- How to cope with your feelings
- Ways to ask for help and support
- Tips on taking care of your physical and emotional health
- How to talk with your kids about cancer
- Talking with your loved one who has cancer
- Dealing with other family members and friends
This booklet is not about how to take care of someone with cancer. Instead, it's about how caregivers can care for themselves while coping with the highs and lows of caring for someone with cancer. It gives communication and self-care tips to focus on your needs while helping your loved one too.
The information in this booklet was last updated in March 2022.