Biomarker, Imaging and Quality of Life Studies Funding Program (BIQSFP)
Funded National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN) and NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) Research Bases are invited to apply for funding to support biomarker, imaging, and quality of life studies with or without Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) proposals which are associated with NCI clinical trial concepts.
Integral and/or integrated studies associated with Phase 3 treatment trials and cancer prevention trials are eligible. Only randomized Phase 3 clinical trials are eligible for CEA proposals. Support of Phase 2 clinical trials is limited to large (≥ 100 patients), randomized treatment trials with an integral and/or integrated biomarker or imaging study(ies).
NEW FY19 One-Time Opportunity for Special End-of-Year (EOY) Supplements:
One-Year Non-Real Time Integrated BIQSFP Funding
Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
This one-time funding opportunity is for supplements to support non-real time integrated BIQSFP studies to validate biomarkers, imaging tests or tools, or QOL/PRO instruments.
- NCI plans to make up to 5 supplements to NCTN Operation Center and/or NCORP Research Base grants.
- Maximum budget allowed is $500,000 in direct costs per supplement request.
- Supplement is for the current grant year only.
- Studies should be integrated as a primary or secondary outcome into a randomized, phase 2 or 3 trial conducted by National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN) Groups and NCI Community Clinical Oncology Research Program (NCORP) Research Bases (trial protocol can be amended to accommodate this).
- Trial must have reached at least 75% of protocol-specified accrual goal.
- Trials without primary outcome data are eligible as well as those with primary outcome data published on or after January 15, 2019.
- Integrated studies should test a specific hypothesis with a preplanned statistical design, and not be hypothesis-generating or exploratory.
- The links to application forms and instructions can be found in the resources section below.
- Email NCIBIQSFP@mail.nih.gov if you have any questions.
The following resources are available to assist you with your Proposal Package:
- Complete 2018 Guidelines (PDF)
- Concept Checklists - Applicants should refer to the Checklists for instructions on what information is needed in a BIQSFP proposal.
- Budget/Budget Justification - Form SF424, NIH Biosketch Requirements
- Study Evaluator Resources - Reviewer responsibilities consist of evaluating the proposed study and completing the evaluation templates with written comments by filling out the fields that follow each review criterion. This page contains reviewer guidelines and evaluation templates.