Research Programs and Initiatives
The CGH engages in a variety of research programs and initiatives throughout the world. These programs seek to build on the strategic priorities of the Center through initiatives that promote knowledge sharing in cancer research and cancer control, strengthen capacity through training, and develop research networks to facilitate collaboration and increase efforts to reduce the global burden of cancer.
We develop initiatives and collaborate with other NCI divisions, NCI-designated cancer centers, and countries to support cancer control planning, encourage capacity building, and support cancer research and research networks. Read more about CGH's programs and future initiatives in our annual report: Strengthening Global Cancer Research & Control.
Cancer Control Planning
We help implement cancer control planning by supporting efforts to implement cancer prevention, screening, early diagnosis, and treatment programs into health systems.
- The International Cancer Control Partnership
- Cancer Control Leadership Forums
- Asia Pacific Economic Corporation
Our capacity-building programs engage stakeholder groups across the health care spectrum to enhance training; screening, diagnosis, and treatment; grant writing; and peer review in low- and middle- income countries (LMICs).
- NCI Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention Program
- Trans-NIH Regional Grant Writing and Scientific Peer-Review Workshops
- Women's Cancers Program
Cancer Research and Research Networks
We coordinate the development of research initiatives and international research networks to decrease the global burden of cancer, facilitate cancer research, and develop research infrastructure in LMICs.
- International Cancer Screening Network
- Regional Centers for Research Excellence Program
- NCI Affordable Cancer Technologies Program
- Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Programs
- International Bilateral Programs
- e-ASIA Joint Research Program
- United States - Latin America Cancer Research Network
- Head and Neck Cancer International Group