NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms

The NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms features 8,385 terms related to cancer and medicine.

We offer a widget that you can add to your website to let users look up cancer-related terms. Get NCI’s Dictionary of Cancer Terms Widget.

Browse:
coinsurance
(KOH-in-SHOOR-ents)
The amount of money not covered by a patient’s health insurance that the patient pays for each healthcare service. For example, if a plan covers 80% of the cost of a service, then the coinsurance that the patient pays will be the remaining 20% of the cost.