When Your Brother or Sister Has Cancer: A Guide for Teens
This guide is for young people who have a brother or sister with cancer. You are not alone. Find out what has helped other teens get through this tough time.
Use this guide to get information and advice on:
- Ways to deal with changes your family may go through
- Finding support and talking with your friends
- What your sibling may be feeling
- Cancer, treatments, and side effects
- Life after treatment and the road ahead
- Additional resources and organizations
Developed with teens who have a brother or sister with cancer, this guide includes quotes from teens about their experiences, checklists to help you get support, and a section of related organizations and resources.
The information in this booklet was last updated in November 2013.