When Your Parent Has Cancer: A Guide for Teens
This guide is for young people who have a parent with cancer. You are not alone. Find out what has helped other teens get through this tough time.
Use this guide to get information and advice on:
- Ways to deal with changes your family may go through
- Dealing with stress
- Finding support and talking with your friends
- How you can help yourself and your parent
- Cancer, treatments, and side effects
- Life after treatment and the road ahead
- Additional resources and organizations
Tested and developed with advice from teens, this guide includes quotes from teens who have a parent with cancer, checklists to help you get support from others, and a section of related organizations and resources.
The information in this booklet was last updated in February 2012.