This page contains brief information about vinblastine sulfate and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Vinblastine sulfate is approved to treat:
- Breast cancer that has not gotten better with other treatment.
- Choriocarcinoma that has not gotten better with other chemotherapy. Choriocarcinoma is a type of gestational trophoblastic disease.
- Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Kaposi sarcoma.
- Mycosis fungoides.
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL).
- Testicular cancer.
More About Vinblastine Sulfate
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Vinblastine Sulfate - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Vinblastine Sulfate - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.