Insights & Innovations Blog
Find the latest updates, spotlights, and news from CCG.
- Beat AML 1.0: A Collaborative Program for Functional Genomic Data Integration
The Beat AML project integrates molecular, drug response, and clinical data for progress towards individualized therapies for acute myeloid leukemia patients. Dr. Jeffrey Tyner from Oregon Health and Science University describes the collaborative effort.
- Brain Tumors Through the Single-Cell RNA Sequencing Lens: Researcher Interview with Mario Suvà
Brain cancers are notoriously hard to study, model, and treat. Dr. Mario Suvà speaks about how single-cell RNA sequencing is helping researchers gain clarity on the origins, development, and response to treatment for these cancers.
- Meticulous Reconstructions of Tumor Origins With Single-Cell DNA Sequencing: Researcher Interview with Nicholas Navin
Dr. Nicholas Navin talks about single-cell DNA sequencing and his research, considerations for working in the single-cell sequencing space, and what’s next for his lab.
- ATAC-seq on TCGA: Insights Into the Noncoding Region in Primary Cancers
Researchers used ATAC-seq to profile the chromatin accessibility of 410 TCGA samples representing 23 primary cancers. The study uncovered a vast number of novel DNA regulatory elements and their potential roles in cancer development, prognosis, and response to therapy.
- Getting to Know the Complexities of Cancer: A 2018 TCGA Symposium Preview
At the 2018 Cell Symposium, TCGA Legacy: Multi-Omic Studies in Cancer, cancer genomics experts will discuss the latest research in molecularly characterizing cancer, classifying the disease, and the development of targeted therapy. A preview of how some researchers are starting to understand the complex and dynamic aspects of cancer.