Questions to Ask Your Doctor about Your Treatment
Here are some questions to ask to help you decide on the best treatment for you.
- What treatment options are available?
- What is the standard treatment for my tumor type?
- What are the benefits and risks of each treatment option?
- Are there clinical trials available for my tumor type? If so, where can I find clinical trials information?
- When do I need to make a treatment decision? And when would I start treatment?
- How long will I be on the treatment?
- How will the treatment be administered (oral, IV)?
- Where will I receive treatment?
- How will you know if the treatment is working?
- How often do you recommend I have imaging tests?
- What are common treatment side effects?
- How do you manage treatment side effects?
- Are there long-term effects of the treatment?
- Can I work and carry on with my normal activities during treatment?
- What symptoms do I need to report? And what is the best way to report symptoms?
- How do I contact your team if I have treatment-related questions during the day, night, and weekends?
- Will insurance cover the treatment?
- If I want a second opinion, who do you recommend that I see?
We encourage you to print these questions and bring them with you to your appointment.