Questions to Ask Your Doctor When Treatment Ends
As a patient, you want to keep a record of your care. Here are some questions to ask your healthcare provider once your treatment ends to help you know what to expect.
- What treatments and drugs have I been given to treat my brain or spine tumor? And how long did I receive each treatment?
- What side effects occurred from treatments?
- What are the common long-term and late effects of the treatment I received?
- Which type of doctor should I see for my follow-up care?
- Can you recommend the doctor(s) I should see for my follow-up care?
- How often should I have routine visits and brain or spine scans?
- What other follow-up tests should I have?
- How often will I need these tests?
- What symptoms should I watch for?
- If I develop any of these symptoms, who should I call?
- What should I do to maintain my health and well-being?
- Do you offer diet and exercise plans?
- What recommendations do you have for me regarding my ability to work and drive?
- Are there counselors, social workers or support groups that you can recommend for me?
We encourage you to print these questions and bring them with you to your appointment.