This page contains brief information about brentuximab vedotin and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
Use in Cancer
Brentuximab vedotin is approved for use in adults to treat:
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma. Brentuximab vedotin is used in:
- Cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma that is primary. Brentuximab vedotin is used in patients who have received other systemic therapy.
- Hodgkin lymphoma. Brentuximab vedotin is used:
- After an autologous stem cell transplant (ASCT) in patients who have a high risk that the cancer will recur (come back) or get worse.
- In patients whose cancer has not gotten better after an ASCT. Brentuximab vedotin is also used in patients whose cancer has not gotten better after at least two treatments with combination chemotherapy and who cannot receive an ASCT.
- With chemotherapy in patients with stage III or stage IV Hodgkin lymphoma whose cancer has not been treated.
- Mycosis fungoides (a type of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma). Brentuximab vedotin is used in patients whose cancer has the CD30 protein and who have received other systemic therapy.
- Peripheral T-cell lymphoma that has the CD30 protein. Brentuximab vedotin is given with cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin hydrochloride, and prednisone.
Brentuximab vedotin is also being studied in the treatment of other conditions and types of cancer.
More About Brentuximab Vedotin
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Brentuximab Vedotin - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Research Results and Related Resources
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Brentuximab Vedotin - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.