This page contains brief information about fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan-nxki (Enhertu) and a collection of links to more information about the use of this drug, research results, and ongoing clinical trials.
FDA label information for this drug is available at DailyMed.
Use in Cancer
Fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan-nxki is approved to treat adults with:
- Breast cancer that cannot be removed by surgery or has spread to other parts of the body. It is used:
- In patients with HER2 positive cancer who have received anti-HER2 treatment for metastatic cancer or whose cancer came back during or within 6 months of completing anti-HER treatment for early-stage cancer.
- In patients with HER2-low cancer who have received chemotherapy for metastatic cancer or whose cancer came back during or within 6 months of completing chemotherapy that was given after surgery.
- Gastric (stomach) cancer or gastroesophageal junction cancer (a rare type of esophageal cancer) that is HER2 positive and has spread. It is used in adults who have received treatment that included trastuzumab.
- Non-small cell lung cancer that has a certain mutation in the HER2 gene and cannot be removed by surgery or has spread to other parts of the body. It is used in patients who have received systemic therapy.¹
¹This use is approved under FDA’s Accelerated Approval Program. As a condition of approval, confirmatory trial(s) must show that fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan provides a clinical benefit in these patients.
Fam-trastuzumab deruxtecan-nxki is also being studied in the treatment of other types of cancer.
More About Fam-Trastuzumab Deruxtecan-nxki
Definition from the NCI Drug Dictionary - Detailed scientific definition and other names for this drug.
MedlinePlus Information on Fam-trastuzumab Deruxtecan-nxki - A lay language summary of important information about this drug that may include the following:
- warnings about this drug,
- what this drug is used for and how it is used,
- what you should tell your doctor before using this drug,
- what you should know about this drug before using it,
- other drugs that may interact with this drug, and
- possible side effects.
Drugs are often studied to find out if they can help treat or prevent conditions other than the ones they are approved for. This patient information sheet applies only to approved uses of the drug. However, much of the information may also apply to unapproved uses that are being studied.
Research Results and Related Resources
Enhertu Marks First Targeted Therapy for HER2-Mutant Lung Cancer
Enhertu Improves Survival for Metastatic “HER2-Low” Breast Cancer
Enhertu May Be Preferred Therapy for Some Metastatic Breast Cancers
Clinical Trials Accepting Patients
Find Clinical Trials for Fam-trastuzumab Deruxtecan-nxki - Check for trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials now accepting patients.