Meetings & Events
Upcoming Meetings & Events
Facebook Live: “La prevención y los exámenes de detección de cáncer colorrectal”
March 29, 2017, 1:30–2:30 pm ET
Please join CRCHD’s Sandra San Miguel, M.S. and Dr. Elmer Huerta, Director of the Cancer Preventorium at the Washington Cancer Institute, MedStar Washington Hospital Center for a discussion about colorectal cancer prevention and screening. This event will be NCI’s first ever Spanish-language Facebook Live.
American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting
April 1 – 5, 2017
Washington, D.C. | Walter E. Washington Convention Center
April 5, 10:15–11:45am: NCI Funding Opportunities to Increase Diversity in Cancer Research
Please join CRCHD to learn about Continuing Umbrella of Research Experiences (CURE) Program funding opportunities. This session will be in Room 140, Level 1 at the Washington Convention Center.
Meet the Experts Sessions
- April 2, 2:15pm: Dr. Tiffany Wallace, NCI Funding Opportunities for Cancer Health Disparities Research
- April 3, 11:00am: Ms. Sandra San Miguel, National Outreach Network Cancer Outreach to Diverse Populations
- April 4, 11:45am: Dr. Anil Wali, Geographic Management of Cancer Health Disparities Program
Minorities in Cancer Research (MICR) Session
April 4, 3:00–5:00 PM: MICR Forum: Academic Relevance: Mission Driven Career
CRCHD Director, Dr. Sanya A. Springfield, will co-chair this session that will allow attendees to learn about and discuss the process of developing a career in academia and beyond that is both translational and transformative. This session will be in Room 140, Level 1 at the Washington Convention Center.
Visit the NCI at AACR 2017 page to learn more about these sessions and other NCI participation at AACR 2017.
Tenth AACR Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities in Racial/Ethnic Minorities and the Medically Underserved
September 25 – 28, 2017
Sheraton Atlanta Hotel
American Public Health Association (APHA) Annual Meeting
November 4 – 8, 2017
Georgia World Congress Center
Past Social Media Events
Facebook Live: “Talking About Colorectal Cancer Prevention and Screening”
On March 7, 2017, Dr. LeeAnn Bailey, Chief of CRCHD's Integrated Networks Branch along with Dr. James Zabora and Mr. Theron Scott of the Center to Reduce Cancer Disparities at Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center discussed colorectal cancer prevention and screening.
Past Meetings & Events
- 2016 Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- 2016 APHA Annual Meeting
- 2016 Partnerships to Advance Cancer Health Equity (PACHE) Investigators Meeting
- 2016 Professional Development and Mock Review Workshop
- Past AACR Annual Meetings
- Community Health Expo 2012
- CRCHD Program Meeting 2011